There is ONE component to my health & fitness journey that deserves much of the credit..
Adding one superfood shake a day to my routine helped me lose weight for my wedding, resolve digestive issues, provide nutrients to my growing baby prenatally, and reach my postpartum goals. It helps me cut junk food cravings and boost mental clarity. This ain’t yo’ mamas protein shake .. this is superfood nutrition.
So often I get resistance from people who discuss Shakeology with me because of some common concerns:
1. I don’t want to drink my meals – I like to EAT!
2. I don’t want to be on a liquid diet
3. I don’t want to run to the bathroom all the time
4. I’m not a shake person – something about the texture…
1. Have no fear! Shakeology is used as a meal replacement for weightloss, but only ONCE a day. That means, I have it for breakfast, lunch OR dinner, depending on my schedule. It’s best (in my opinion) when you have access to a blender to add some ice cubes and fresh/frozen fruit.. BUT you can also grab and go and shake with water or milk (cow’s, almond, or coconut.. you choose!)
2. So, no.. you won’t be on a liquid diet with this plan. If weight loss is not your goal, you can supplement your current nutrition with a Shakeology snack to get all of the benefits! (More on that soon).
3. Next, No. You won’t be running off to the bathroom. Shakeology is not a harsh cleanse. Yes, it will help with digestive issues and (to be blunt) you may experience gas at the initiation of your journey with Shakeology. That’s because it’s restoring your digestive function! After a few days, you’ll likely be back to normal… no wait, BETTER (and more regular!) than ever.
4. So you say you’re not a shake person. I get it. I’ve tried other shakes that either taste like chalk, or have a strange metallic taste to them. Maybe they’re chunky with bits of powder that break apart in your mouth (Gross!) Follow some of my recommended recipes and you’re likely to enjoy every shake to the last drop. If not – you can even send an EMPTY bag back to Beachbody and they’ll reimburse you!
Ok so now that we’ve got those issues out of the way, I’ll tell you what Shakeology IS. It can get pretty scientific… but I’ll try to break it down for you! Would you rather have… A shake, Or the massive amounts of vegetables on the right of this image in one sitting?
Shakeology contains more than 70 super-nutritious ingredients.
- Proteins, Vitamins, and Minerals – to help reduce hunger and food cravings.
- Antioxidants and Phytonutrients – to help detoxify and protect the body against free radical damage.
- Adaptogen Herbs – to help increase energy and combat stress.
- Prebiotics, Probiotics, Fiber, and Digestive Enzymes – to aid digestion and promote regularity.
Plus, Shakeology can help:
- Build and repair muscles (Goes Hand in Hand with a fitness routine!)
- Promote ideal blood sugar levels
- Support brain function to help promote alert thinking and a positive mood (Happy, happy!)
- Promote healthy skin, hair, and nails (No joke.. who doesn’t want healthy locks?)
- Promote a strong immune system
- Promote your body’s natural inflammatory response
- Promote an ideal alkaline state
- Protect the body from stress (Thank youuuu)
- Support endocrine and hormone balance and a strong immune system
- Support a healthy libido (Ow Oww!)
- Support a healthy intestinal tract
- Aid in digestion
- Promote regularity
- Increase the absorption of nutrients
Basically, this magic potion does it all – AND – its ALL NATURAL! Check out some folks who have had some amazing results with Shakeology, by clicking here!
You can scope more on Shakeology on my official site
Click the banner below to get started!