Occasionally, I just crave PASTA! But, I don’t like feeling like I ate a bag of bricks when I’m finished. So, here’s a healthy, light recipe that will keep you feeling fit & happy when you’re done! Bonus – you can modify to meet the 21 Day Fix guidelines!
3-4 Chicken Breasts cut into 1″ cubes
16 oz linguini (1 box) (whole grain for 21 Day Fix)
1 cup flat parsley
1.5 cups grape tomatoes (quartered)
2 cloves garlic
5 tblspoons olive oil
2 lemons (juiced)
salt/pepper to taste
grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Instructions (Stove top & dressing)
- Start water for pasta
- Put 1tblsp olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat
- Once heated, add all of the (cubed) chicken and cook until browned on all sides.
- Add the (quartered) tomatoes and chopped parsley and set aside on low heat – stirring occasionally.
- Mix 4 tblsp olive oil and juice of two lemons into a bowl
- Grate two cloves of garlic into mixture
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Whisk, and you’re done!
Now, put it together!
- Drain the pasta and add the chicken to the pasta pot.
- Add the lemon-garlic sauce.
- Mix for full coverage – serve it up!
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese as desired.
Enjoy! And be sure to let me know if you try it, or modify it! Perhaps you’ll substitute chicken with tofu if you’re a vegetarian! If you’re following the 21 Day Fix plan make sure to serve up 1 yellow serving, (whole grain pasta), One green serving (tomatoes), one red serving (chicken) and one (or .5) blue (parmesan cheese!) The dressing is free! GO GIRL!